As a property owner, you have certain responsibilities to meet. Protect your investment and the health of the occupants by maintaining your property in good repair by:
- Maintain exterior structure free of broken glass, loose shingles, peeling paint, and crumbling stone or brick.
- Maintain doors and windows, including storm doors and screens.
As a tenant, you also have responsibility. Maintain your dwelling in a neat and sanitary manner and contact the owner when repairs are needed by:
- Properly dispose of garbage and rubbish in containers with lids.
- Maintain yard in a neat and sanitary manner, free of litter, junk cars, and animal wastes.
- Notify the owner when repairs are needed and allow reasonable time to complete repairs before contacting officials.